Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Testimony Builder
So, Trenton and I spent a lot of time at my parent's house last week (see last post) and we had quite an experience one of the nights that we were there. Trenton loves to play hide-and-seek and I never considered this would be a problem until Trenton decided to hide without telling us. I thought that Trenton had gone downstairs with his uncle Tanner, but when I went down to check on them Tanner had no idea where he was. So, I checked with my Mom and Dad and he was not there. I figured, he's hiding and I checked his usually hiding spots. He wasn't there; now I was starting to worry slightly. Everyone started looking through all the rooms, but no one could find him. Now, I'm starting to freak out! My Dad got ready to go outside and look even though I hadn't heard any of the doors open and close. I ran downstairs and started thouroughly searching every room shouting, "please Trenton, please come out, we don't know where you are." I don't know how he could have mistook my sobs and frantic voice as playing, but he didn't appear. By this point, awful thoughts are running through my head about him being stuck somewhere where he's hurt or unconscious. I ran down the basement hallway ready to help look upstairs and everyone else was heading downstairs toward me. My dad said, "right here, every one kneel down" at the opening to my sister's bedroom. He said a prayer while I tried to keep back the sobs. As soon as the prayer was over we look up at one another and Trenton comes walking out of my sister's closet holding a sucker, which he apparently thought he was in trouble for having. I gave him an extremely tight hug and balled with relief. Trenton had no idea what was going on, but I assure you I had a good talk with him and helped him understand he has to tell us if he's hiding or we won't know. I'm extremely grateful for prayer, and the Holy Ghost. Had we not kneeled at that exact spot for Trenton to hear our prayer and come out, who knows how long it would have taken us to find him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment