Thursday, October 7, 2010

The pictures you've all been waiting for!

So, my previous post explained that my water broke Thursday, the 30th, in the morning.  I went in to the doctor who said everything was fine to go home and wait for contractions, but they never came.  I started getting some very mild ones around 4:00, but we held out going to the hospital for as long as possible hoping she would still be born in October.  We finally went in at about 7:30 p.m.  By 9:00 the had me hooked up to Pitosin to get the contractions going.  We watched River Monsters on Discovery channel for two hours waiting for the contractions to get worse (more effective).  By 11:30 I was at 7 cm. and the contractions were so bad I didn't care if she came before midnight I was ready to be done!!  I was ready to push at 12:25 and 6 minutes (4 pushes) later Karlee was born!  They put her right on to my belly and I was able to nurse her for the first time.  It was an amazing experience! They weighed her and checked her and got her somewhat cleaned up.  They weighed her at 5 lbs. 1 oz. which we later found out was incorrect. She was 6 lbs. when we left the hospital and babies usually lose a couple ounces before they leave.  So we're saying, by the pediatrician's guess, that she was 6 lbs. 2 oz.  This makes so much more sense, because even though she looks tiny she does not look like she would be premie weight (she was only 10 days early).  She had to have her blood sugar levels tested while we were there since she supposedly weighed so little, but they were normal.  She also had to have her Bilirubin (sp) levels tested a couple times, but she only has slight jaundice (nothing to worry about).  We're glad she's here and she's healthly.  Trenton just loves her to death and has acted like nothing has changed except that he has a new sister to kiss and hold.  He's really good at getting me wet wipes out of the warmer and putting her pacifier in or telling me when she cries.  He's an amazing big brother!!

So, finally here are the pics!

Being weighed


First Bath


All clean with a cute little bow!


 Daddy and Karlee

Lots of hair in the back

Long fingers and long fingernails

 Trenton holding her for the first time (of course she cried)

Putting her pacifier in

Giving her a kiss!  Precious!

Matching pajama pants

She always wants her fingers in or by her mouth.  She's even figured out how to get her hands/arms out of the Swaddler.

Brother and Sister!  aww!

The outfit she came home in!!

5 comments:

  1. I love all these sweet picture! Congratulations! I'm so glad she's here! Good job momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! congratulations!!! So adorable how much your little guy loves her already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I'm so glad you are all doing well!! She is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! What a fun story, and beautiful baby! My other friend who was due on 10/10/10 had her baby early too. (She was induced early for experimental purposes or something like that...) Me...I'm still waiting, but I'm really, really ok with that. :)

    ReplyDelete